SF-Product Manager (R.I.B.S)
As a Product Manager for our Machine Learning, BI/Analytics & InfoSec on our skilled product management team, you will take a leadership role on to define new product feature qualification criteria and help prioritize the product roadmap for these product areas. As a technical expert with excellent communication skills, you will specify both front end and back end features including UI requirements and connections to backend services. You will be accountable for assembling product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. research, usability, consumer feedback, competitive assessment) and communicate requirements to product development.
You will regularly communicate on a technical level with engineering and development, including creating detailed use cases, flows, diagrams, API specifications and other technical documentation. In addition to collaborating with the development team to define features and work with the quality assurance team to fix defects and aid in testing you will lead the execution in their assigned product areas and drive resolution of any issues associated with those areas throughout the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LIVING AND BREATHING EVERY SINGLE DAY:
70% Product Definition and Deployment
- Develop and champion a product vision and strategy in support of corporate goals and objectives for our Risk Scoring product.
- Design and champion new Machine Learning applications for our full-product suite.
- Work regularly with our Enterprise Architect and Director of Information Security to define a Security roadmap, build Epics and Stories to realize these goals and work with the rest of the Product Team to seed those stories into their roadmaps.
- Convene regular and proactive sessions with the BI team as well as other internal users to identify BI & Analytics needs in the company and where our platform and infrastructure fall short .
- Manage partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration.
- Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features.
- Work with engineering to make trade-offs based on development feasibility/cost versus product/business impact.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, System Architect, Project Management and his/her team to decompose product features and improvements into stories and formulate detailed and comprehensive release plans.
- Ensure that the implementation is focused on deliverables that bring the highest business value and represents the voice of the customer.
- Responsible for communicating customer requirements in the form of stories, acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements, and collaborating closely with the team on an ongoing basis to provide guidance and direction.
- Attend story grooming sessions, sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives in order to rapidly answer any questions the team may have on requirements.
- Review/demonstrate sprint related or general functionality with external stakeholders and customers.
- Coordinate and assist Executive Team prepare for sales pitches, demos, prototypes and presentations of our products to potential and existing clients.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Perform product demos to customers .
30% Product Strategy
- Develop and champion a product vision and strategy in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain product P&L reporting and support product performance through sales collaboration (e.g., promotions, deal support, references, vendor negotiation, etc).
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Drive solution set across development teams (primarily Front End Development, Back End Engineering, Sales and Marketing) through market, product and positioning requirements .
- Communicate effectively with business stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions as appropriate.
- Actively manage overall product(s) and take appropriate actions to improve product and product line efficiencies & performance (revenue, retention & growth, customer satisfaction).
- Work with Development and UX team on analysis, design, development and delivery of solutions and lead the overall roadmap and specifications for technology projects across various platforms.
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
WHAT EXPERIENCE MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Consumer facing e-commerce and retail environment product and project management.
- Minimum two years in product management, product development, product marketing, business analysis or related discipline, with at least one year in enterprise software product management.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement creative business solutions.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and train others on new or evolving information and procedure.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to take the lead when working with individuals or groups.
- Hands-on development skills with the ability to roll up your sleeves and work alongside engineers, content managers, UI designer and developers, graphic designers and product managers.
- A keen understanding of customers’ core needs and motivations, and know how to identify them and turn them into actionable requirements.
- Product experience with SMB customers, either in enterprise or consumer company.
- Manage a portfolio of concurrent projects and working in agile product development.
- Ability to quickly embrace and understand new technologies.
- Understanding of the Agile Software development and deployment process.
- Proficient in R-Studio, Statistical and advanced analytical software, Tableau may be required for specialized product management roles.
- Prior experience (either work related or study) with Machine Learning.
- Data Science Tools like R, SciKit Learn, Data Robot.
- ETL tools like Trifacta, Informatica, Alteryx.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Marketing.
- Data Science and/or Machine Learning certification or nano-degrees.
HOW WE'D LIKE YOU TO APPLY:
EMAIL us at ConsensusPeopleTeam@consensuscorp.com. In the SUBJECT FIELD, put the position for which you are applying and ATTACH your Word or PDF resume. Consensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Phone Calls, Emails or Recruiters
California Positions: Consensus will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances