As a Platform Engineer you are part of a team that builds the best omni-channel platform for selling connected devices by crafting, coding, integration, support, and maintenance of the application. The core responsibility of the platform team is to build/evaluate foundational components that are used to improve and complement the existing and future platform offerings. If this sounds like an adventure, we'd love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE LIVING AND BREATHING EACH DAY:
- Participates in physical design and development planning meetings to help figure out the best solution to accommodate the business need.
- Design and Implement Platform Services for the retail domain including but not limited to Order Management, Fulfillment, and Inventory Management.
- Act as a partner between other scrum teams and the architecture team.
- Participate with Architects on Proof of Concepts.
- Bootstrap development activities from Proof of Concept to Platform delivery.
- Use technical knowledge of standard development concepts, practices and procedures
- Writes, develops and continuously unit tests software that meet the needs of the design specifications
- Build technical specifications and test plans
- Performs functional testing of software to ensure software is performing appropriately and at optimal level
- Identify and call out issues that impact project performance
- Diagnose, isolate and de-bug software problems and performs problem resolution
- Craft new and extend existing operational documentation
- Train other scrum teams on the usage of the platform
- Adheres to standard methodologies, processes, and work in accordance with Consensus standards
- Collaborates with team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build processes, while training other scrum teams
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience of 7+ years
- Domain Driven Architecture and Design
- Object Oriented Design and Development Principles Experience with Workflow and Rule Engines
- Experience building application and platform services in the cloud, with a preference in AWS and Azure.
- Full Stack Development Experience using agile methodology (scrum)
- Familiarity with an Agile methodology (Scrum)
- Experience with web/ecommerce architectures.
- SaaS and PaaS Experience.
- Java, Spring, SpringBoot expert.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, and NodeJS
- ORM, Hibernate experience
- Experience with Cloud Offerings such as AWS, Azure
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence a plus.
- Technical Skills: Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Linux, Spring/SpringBoot, Angular, JSON, Gradle, Intellij IDEA,
NodeJS, Jenkins, GIT, Artifactory, Mulesoft, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Public/Private Clouds
HOW WE'D LIKE YOU TO APPLY:
EMAIL us at ConsensusPeopleTeam@consensuscorp.com. In the SUBJECT FIELD, put the position for which you are applying and ATTACH your Word or PDF resume. Consensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Phone Calls, Emails or Recruiters
California Positions: Consensus will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances