SF-Automation Engineering Manager
As Manager of Build and Automation Engineering, you will be leading the test automation and build strategy for our enterprise platforms. You will be responsible for managing a team of build and test engineers to build and enhance our internal engineering services ranging from Continuous Integration to Performance Testing. You will directly manage and grow a release engineering and a performance testing team.
At Consensus, all our Delivery Managers serve a dual role as Scrum Masters leading their respective teams through the Agile process. You will act as Scrum Master for the two teams and lead the delivery of the consensus test automation and performance testing strategy. This will involve collaborating closely with DevOps, Delivery Teams and Architecture to groom the backlog, do release planning to establish a release schedule and lead other scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LIVING AND BREATHING EVERY SINGLE DAY:
70% Build and Automation Engineering
- Participate in design and development planning meetings for our continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Manage the release engineering team to maintain and enhance our pipeline.
- Participate in design and development planning meetings to help determine the performance and automation test strategy with architects and product managers.
- Participate in Proof of Concepts with Architecture and Delivery teams with respect to build and test automation.
- Work with the technical management team in defining technology roadmap.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Manage risk to release timelines by closely collaborating with the scrum team and product owner to get past blocking issues.
- Help analyze and resolve any code performance or scalability issues as reported by the performance engineering team.
- Help ensure that engineering quality goals (test coverage and automation) are met or exceeded by their scrum teams as part of the definition of done.
- Drive the adoption of best-in-class open-source libraries and tools to help deliver enterprise-scale implementations.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Create & enhance development processes to ensure the quality of products and code.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products
- Maintain a good balance between start-up mentality with rapid iteration and maturity of product features.
- End to end ownership of features including design, coding, deployment, devops and support.
10% SCRUM Management
- Work with an architect (product owner) and team to groom the release and automation backlog and maintain a 90-day groomed backlog.
- Plan sprints and help your team execute in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Lead other scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, daily standups, backlog grooming and retrospectives
- Proactively identify and manage changes to feature scope, especially if they impact release timelines
- Manage risks and drive them to resolution by partnering cross-functionally with other teams like devops, product owners and the architecture design committee as needed.
- Handle release communication to project stakeholders and the leadership team.
- Help ensure that the team meets the definition of done for every sprint.
- Always look out for efficiency and other process improvements that can help improve team velocity
- Ensure that the health of the current sprint and release is accurately reflected in the dashboards used to track progress.
20% People Management/Team Leadership
- Hire, develop & retain top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure.
- Identify and develop skills in new technologies necessary for the growth and success of the build/release management team.
- Identify the potential in staff and take opportunities to apply and develop that potential.
- Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance and delivery.
- Provide coaching, training, and opportunities for growth to improve skills.
- Ensure team members have the skills and resources to get things done.
- Set clear, meaningful, challenging, and attainable goals and expectations that are aligned with company.
- Empower employees to make decisions and to take responsibility for their jobs and goals .
- Lead by example, set standards for professional behavior, stay abreast of new technologies and news.
- Foster a positive work environment where staff feels appreciated and is motivated to do their best.
- Helps resolve complex or sensitive disagreements and conflicts.
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing the engineering discipline of the team.
- Partners with HR to clearly understand all applicable company policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
WHAT EXPERIENCE MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Year’s Job Related Experience: 7+ years
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, building and retaining top talent.
- Managed a team of release engineers and performance testing engineers.
- Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Expert Knowledge with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Expert Knowledge with performance test automation.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experienced in web/ecommerce architectures, technologies.
- Strong understanding of object oriented principles and design.
- Experience delivering software using an Agile methodology (eg Scrum)
HOW WE'D LIKE YOU TO APPLY:
EMAIL us at ConsensusPeopleTeam@consensuscorp.com. In the SUBJECT FIELD, put the position for which you are applying and ATTACH your Word or PDF resume. Consensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Phone Calls, Emails or Recruiters
California Positions: Consensus will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances